1/4 kilo white beans(bitsuelas)
1/2 kilo pork, cut into small pieces
4 gloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 onion, chopped
3 pieces tomatoes, discard seeds and diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup tomato ketchup(optional)
1 liter water
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
1 small cabbage, cut into serving pieces
1. In a bowl, soak beans in water overnight. Wash on running water then drain. Set aside.
2. In a pot, boil water then cook beans for an hour or until tender. Add water if necessary then set aside.
1. In another pot, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. Add pork and cook until light brown and tender.
3. Add boiled beans, tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
4. Simmer until well blended and thicken. Add water if necessary.
5. Add cabbage then simmer for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat then serve with steamed rice.