200 grams all-purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 raw egg, beaten
300 ml evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
vanilla whipped cream
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Mix well.
2. In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
3. Combine the two mixtures then whisk until well blended.
1. Heat a non-stick pan in a low heat, grease using melted butter then scoop and pour 1/3 cup of batter.
2. Swirl the batter then cook for 20 seconds or until almost set. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
3. Repeat the steps for the remaining batter.
4. Transfer the pancakes to serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar then serve with maple syrup and vanilla whipped cream.
1/2 cup ground pork
2 cups carrots, shredded
2 cups cabbage, shredded
2 cups water chestnuts(sayote) or turnips(singkamas), shredded
1 cup baguio beans, shredded(optional)
1 tablespoon onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup ground peanuts
butter or cooking oil
Salt to taste
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup chicken broth or water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic; minced
Cook the Filling:
1. In a saucepan, heat butter and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add ground pork, simmer until it changes color.
3. Season with soy sauce and sugar.
4. Add vegetables and continue cooking until it is half-done.
5. Adjust seasoning with salt according to taste. Set aside.
How to make the Sauce:
1. In a saucepan, pour chicken broth and bring to boil.
2. Add sugar and soy sauce then mix well.
3. Dilute the cornstarch in water and pour in the saucepan.
4. Boil in a very low fire, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the garlic. Set aside.
To Wrap the Filling:
1. On top of the lumpia wrapper, place a leaf of lettuce and 3 tablespoons of the mixture.
2. You may roll up folding one end and leaving other open or just roll up and place in the platter.
3. Garnish with sauce and minced peanuts.
4 pieces chicken thighs or drumsticks
2 cups sticky rice(malagkit), uncooked
5 cups water or chicken stock
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons fish sauce(patis)
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 chicken broth cube(optional)
spring onions for garnishing(optional)
4 pieces eggs, hard-boiled(optional)
toasted garlic, chopped(optional)
calamansi or lemon juice(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add chicken, chicken broth cubes, pepper and fish sauce.
3. Cook until chicken is tender and color turns to golden brown.
4. Transfer everything into a large bowl then set aside.
1. In a same pan, Add rice then saute for 2 minutes.
2. Pour water then cover and simmer while stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked. Add water if necessary.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste then simmer for a few minutes.
4. Transfer to serving bowl then add hard-boiled eggs and chicken.
5. Sprinkle with safflower, toasted garlic and spring onions then serve with calamansi.
4 pieces Giant Squid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
2 raw eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper then mix well.
2. Prepare beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
1. Clean the squid and remove the skin.
2. slit a long horizontal line on topside then press to flatten.
3. Slice 2 inch apart on both sides of the squid.
4. Skewered each squid then season with salt and pepper.
5. Dredge squid into dry mixture then shake off to remove excess mixture.
6. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge again into dry mixture to coat all sides.
7. Repeat the steps for the remaining squid. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat enough oil then deep fry each squid for a minute or until golden brown.
2. Drain then serve with dipping sauce.
6 plantains(saging na saba), peeled and sliced
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a cooking pot, boil water then add brown sugar. Keep stirring until dissolved.
2. Add vanilla extract and salt then stir well.
3. Put-in the plantains and simmer in a low heat for 15 minutes or until soft.
4. Let it cool then transfer into serving bowl. Serve with ice and milk.
1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder(optional)
1/2 cup mango puree
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 raw eggs
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup mango or mango puree
1/4 cup sugar
Whipping cream for garnishing (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed graham, cinnamon powder, sugar and butter then mix until well combined.
2. In a springform pan, spread and press down the crust mixture up to 1/2 inch thick then refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
3. Bake in a preheated oven over 350 F for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
1. In a blender, combine mango puree, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and lemon extract. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour and spread evenly the filling into the crust up to 1 inch thick then bake at 325 F for 40 minutes or until firm. Test for doneness, if toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and let it cool.
1. Boil sugar and remaining mango puree until slightly thicken.
2. Pour the mixture over the cheesecake. Add whipping cream on the side, chill at least 8 hours. Serve cold.
250 grams ground pork
1 cup cabbage, chopped into small pieces
20-25 pieces gyoza or dumpling wrappers
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
salt and ground white pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and 1/2 teaspoon salt then let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze the cabbage firmly to discard excess water.
3. In a large bowl, ground pork, combine cabbage, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and ground white pepper then mix evenly with your hand.
1. Scoop a spoonful of mixture then place in the center of wrapper.
2. Moisten the entire edge of wrapper with water then fold in half.
3. Seal and crimp the edges then press against bottom into sheet pan.
4. Repeat the procedures to remaining mixture.
1. In a steamer, arrange the pork dumplings lined with cabbage leaves. 2. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Serve with dipping sauce.
400 grams spaghetti pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
250 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons capers
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
basil leaves for garnishing (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil then stir fry shrimps until color turns to pink. Remove from the pan and set aside
1. In a same pan, saute garlic, dried basil, capers and chili flakes then saute for a minute.
2. Put back shrimp then season with salt and pepper.
3. Add remaining olive oil and pasta then toss until coat evenly.
4. Transfer to serving plate, garnish with basil leaves then serve.
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar(packed)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 2 teaspoon hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
M&M’s chocolate candies for toppings
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar using electric mixer for 3 minutes or until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla, baking soda mixture and salt then mix until well combined.
2. Add the flour to the mixture then mix using a spatula. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
3. Drop large spoonful of batter into ungreased pan then top with remaining chocolate chips and M&M’s chocolate candy.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the oven, let it cool before removing from the pan.
500 grams spaghetti pasta(or any desired)
1 big can spicy tuna flakes in oil, drained
2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3 inch pieces
1 big can evaporated milk
6 gloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves(optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1 teaspoon ginger powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add mushrooms then saute for a minute.
3. Add tuna and ginger powder, saute for 3 minutes.
4. Pour chicken stock and bring to boil.
5. Add evaporated milk, cheese and basil.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
7. Add asparagus then cook for another 3 minutes.
8. Add pasta then toss together. Transfer to pasta tray then serve.