2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 pieces egg
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoon buttermilk dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tablespoon banana flavoring or vanilla extract
1/4 cup nuts,chopped (in this recipe we used candied cashew nuts) optional
Note:you can substitute then buttermilk mixture with 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and flavoring. Mix together until well combined. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined. Fold in the mashed banana.
2. Pour batter in prepared loaf pan until 3/4 full. Top with chopped nuts.
3. Bake in reheated oven at 150 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted at the middle comes out with few crumbs (not wet batter). Remove from oven and let cool. Run a knife around the pan to remove the bread.
500 grams linguine pasta
400 grams bacon
100 grams sliced button mushroom
1 can evaporated milk
250 ml all purpose cream
1 can creamed of mushroom soup
1 head garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
250 grams grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon parsley, chopped(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
1. Fry the bacon but not too crispy. drain and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add mushroom and 3/4 of fried bacon.
2. Add evaporated milk and creamed mushroom soup.
3. Add the all purpose cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir and bring to boil. Season with ground pepper. (Add more evaporated milk or a cup of water if the sauce is too creamy or salty.)
4. Simmer until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat.
5. Prepare pasta into serving plate, top with grated Parmesan cheese together with the remaining bacon and chopped parsley.
6. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy
Yield: 1 8-inch round cake
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cup warm instant coffee
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup all purpose cream
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease 8 inch round pan.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir in the mayonnaise. Gradually add the coffee until well blended. Add the vanilla extract and mix. Pour the batter into the cake pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove and cool before frosting.
1. In a pan,heat the heavy cream over medium heat. When cream starts to boil, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolates and whisk until smooth. Allow the ganache to cool before frosting the cake.
1/2 kilo elbow macaroni
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 kilo ground pork
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 big can four cheese pasta sauce or spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup butter
1 big can evaporated milk
4 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook elbow macaroni according to package instruction. Set aside.
Part2 (Meat Sauce)
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion
2. Add ground pork, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
3. Add four cheese pasta sauce, nutmeg, basil, and brown sugar. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Part 3 (White Sauce)
1. In a separate pan, melt butter and add flour. Mix until well blended.
2. Add all evaporated milk .
3. Mix well until thickens but still pourable. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix until well blended.Set aside.
1. In a big bowl, mix the macaroni,meat sauce, cheddar cheese, and half of the white sauce.
2. In a rectangular(12x8inch) baking dish, pour the macaroni mixture. Top with the remaining white sauce.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 100 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
1 pack gulaman(sweetened pandan flavor)
granulated sugar to taste
1/2 cup tapioca pearls(sago)
2 cups young coconut, shredded into strips
1 pack(250 ml) All-Purpose Cream
1 can(300 ml) condensed milk
1 tablespoon pandan flavoring essence
1 bottle clear nata de coco(optional)
1. In a small pot, cook gulaman over low heat based on package instructions. Add sugar then stir until dissolved.
2. Transfer into flat container and let it cool until set completely. Cut into small cubes. Set aside.
1. In a pot, boil water over medium heat then add tapioca pearls.
2. Keep stirring to avoid from sticking together until cooked and turns into transparent.
3. Remove from heat then rinse into running water. Drain and set aside, let it cool.
1. In a large container, combine all purpose cream and condensed milk then mix until well blended.
2. Add gulaman, coconut strips, nata de coco, sago and pandan flavoring essence then mix.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
2 cups blueberry pie toppings
300 grams graham crackers
2 cans (300 ml) condensed milk
2 cans (300 ml) all purpose cream
1. In bowl, combine all purpose cream and condensed milk. Mix well.
1. Chill a metal rectangular container.
2. Dip the graham cracker into cold water and arrange a layer at the bottom.
3. Spread a layer of cream mixture then a layer of blueberry pie toppings.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 up to 4 layer then spread with blueberry pie toppings.
5. Refrigerate overnight. Serve cold.
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoon red food color
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
red velvet crumb
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
200 grams cream cheese, softened
60 grams butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A dash of salt
1. In a bowl, combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt then mix well. Set aside.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (around 5 minutes).
2. Beat in eggs one at a time then mix in the sour cream, food color, and vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture gradually until just blended. (Do not overbeat as this will make the cupcake dry and hard.)
1. In a muffin pan, line muffin cups then fill-in batter up to 2/3 of the muffin cup.
2. Bake in preheated oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until done. (Cupcakes is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.). Let it cool.
1. In a electric mixer, whip butter on medium speed for 5 minutes or until becomes creamy.
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and salt then keep mixing for another 5 minutes or until becomes light and fluffy.
3. Add sugar then beat until smooth.
4. Scoop and spread the frosting on top of cupcakes. Sprinkle with red velvet crumb.
Refrigerate before serving.
200 grams croutons
6-8 ripe tomatoes, diced
1 red onions, chopped
1 tablespoon capers
3 tablespoons black olives, sliced
a bunch of fresh basil, torn into pieces
8 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, ground pepper, and sugar. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine croutons, basil, tomatoes, onions, capers and black olives.
2. Pour dressing over the salad then toss before serving.
4 slices loaf bread
1 green/red bell pepper, diced
2 slices ham, diced
2 raw eggs, beaten
1. Slice each bread to make a hole, leaving the outer layer intact. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry ham and bell peppers. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same pan, Add oil then place outer layer bread.
2. Add 1 tablespoon sauteed ham and bell peppers inside the bread.
3. Pour 2 tablespoons beaten eggs then sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Top the inner layer bread, wait for a minute until set.
5. Flip and fry the other side until toast.
6. Repeat the procedures for the remaining pieces.
500 grams miki noodles
200 grams squid balls, cut into half
100 grams pork belly, slice into small pieces
100 grams pork liver, slice into small pieces
2 pieces carrots, sliced
1 cabbage, chopped
1/4 kilo green beans or snow peas(sitsaro)
1 cup celery(kinchay), sliced
6 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 cups hot water or chicken broth
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup spring onions, diced(optional)
1. Wash miki noodles in running water. Drain and set aside.
1. In a wok, heat oil then saute the garlic and onions.
2. Add squid balls, pork liver and pork belly then cooked until color turns to brown.
3. Add oyster sauce and hot water then stir and bring to boil.
4. Add vegetables then stir fry until the vegetables are half-cooked.
5. Add miki noodles then stir and cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Transfer to a serving plate then garnish with spring onion. Serve and enjoy.