250 grams fettuccine, cooked according to package instruction
1 can (395 grams) crushed tomato
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 tablespoon capers
3 tablespoons black olives, sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried basil flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Parley for garnishing
1. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil then saute onion, garlic and chili flakes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
3. Add black olives, capers and dried basil flakes, adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Add pasta to the sauce then stir well until well coated. Add a little pasta water if needed.
5. Transfer to serving plate, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then garnish with parsley. Serve with toasted garlic bread.