1 pork leg(pata), slice into serving pieces.
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon peppercorn
6 cloves garlic, pounded
2 onions, chopped
2 cups soda(sprite, 7-up, lemonade or root beer)
5 cups pork broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup oyster sauce
2 bay leaves(laurel)
2 pieces star anise (optional)
1/4 cup dried banana blossoms(puso ng saging)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
cooking oil for frying
1. In a pot, place pata then pour enough water to cover the meat.
2. Add salt and peppercorn then bring to boil for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve the broth.
1. In a pot, heat oil then fry pork pata until golden brown. Drain.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add fried pata, broth, soda, soy sauce, oyster sauce, bay leaves, banana blossoms, star anise and brown sugar.
3. Simmer over low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until pata is tender. Add water if necessary.(Cook in pressure cooker takes 30 minutes).
4. Add dissolved cornstarch and adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens and a few sauce is remaining.
6. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice.
1/2 kilo fresh clams(halaan)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 thumb-sized ginger, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 to 6 cups water, add more water if necessary
patis (fish sauce) to taste
ground black pepper to taste
chili leaves(dahon ng sili)
1. Wash the clams thoroughly and drain.
2. Place the clams in a bowl with water and salt.
3. Cover for several hours or overnight. This will allow the clams to expel sand.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute ginger, union and garlic.
2. Pour water then bring to boil. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
3. Add clams then simmer for another 3 minutes or until shells are opened. Discard shells that did not open.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Add chili leaves and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat then serve.
1 teaspoon white vinegar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Dissolve vinegar in evaporated milk and set aside. In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugars, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and gently mix. Pour half of the milk mixture and gently mix. Pour the remaining wet ingredients then milk mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Pour batter in prepared mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill only halfway as the batter will rise when baked.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
1. To make the frosting, in a small sauce pan melt butter over low heat then add sugar and cocoa powder. Stir until the mixture is smooth and thick. Remove from heat then let it cool. Add milk and vanilla then whisk until mixture becomes soft.
2. Frost top of the cupcakes then drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 raw eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt then mix until well blended.
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, sugar and vanilla extract until just blended.
2. Add egg one at a time then whisk well.
3. Add half of dry mixture and half of wet mixture then mix until blended.
4. Repeat the procedure until all the mixture are consumed.
1. Prepare muffin pan by brushing with butter and sprinkling with flour.
2. Pour the filling into muffin pan then bake in a preheat oven over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until center springs back when touched.
3. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.. Serve.
12 pieces spring roll wrappers
1 raw egg, beaten
vegetable oil for frying
1 smoked milkfish(tinapang bangus), flake and discard bones
1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
2 salted eggs, scoop out and chopped
1 bird’s eye chili(labuyo), chopped
2 tomatoes, discard the seeds and chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 white onion, minced
1. In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients then mix well.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in a line shape at the middle of the wrapper.
3. Fold over the bottom edge of the wrapper to the center.
4. Fold the two sides towards the center and roll. Use a bit egg to seal the last edge.
5. Repeat until all wrapped up.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil deep enough that spring rolls is half-submerged.
2. When the oil is hot enough, deep fry spring rolls for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
3. Drain on paper towel then serve with spicy vinegar.
1 whole chicken, cleaned
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons rock salt
2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
5 stalks lemongrass(tanglad), crushed
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine rosemary, rock salt and black pepper then mix well.
2. Using marinade injection, inject the milk to reach deep into the chicken meat.
3. Rub chicken with rosemary mixture including the cavity, between skin and meat.
4. Set aside for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
1. Once ready, stuff chicken with lemongrass.
2. Baste the skin with milk/oil mixture.
3. Place in a preheated turbo broiler over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until golden brown.
4. Serve with lechon sauce.
4 large eggplants(talong)
2 white onions, cubed
4 medium-sized tomatoes, cubed
2 pieces green pepper
2 tablespoons sauteed shrimp paste
1. Broil eggplants until skin are charred and blister.
2. Let it cool then peel off the skin and remove the crown and the stem.
1. In a bowl, mash lightly the eggplants with a fork then add onions, tomatoes and green pepper.
2. Serve with sauteed shrimp paste.
1 kilo pork(liempo or pork loin or pork belly), cut into small cubes
Add pork innards such as ear and intestine(optional)
3-4 cups pork blood
4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 small onion, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, minced
3 long green peppers(siling haba)
2 pieces bay leaf
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tablespoon fish sauce(patis) or 1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Simmer pork for 30 minutes, remove scum that rises to the surface. Drain and save the broth.
1. In a casserole, heat cooking oil and saute garlic, onion, and ginger.
2. Add pork and continue sauteing until color turn to brown.
3. Season with ground pepper, bay leaf and salt/fish sauce to taste, stir occasionally for 5 minutes until absorb the seasoning.
4. Add broth, simmer and bring to boil.
5. Pour pork’s blood, stirring occasionally to keep the mixture from curdling for 5 minutes.
6. Add vinegar and bring to boil without stirring.
7. Add sugar and green peppers. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from fire and serve hot with chicharon(Chicharrón) and puto(sweet rice cake)!
1 pack(500 grams) spaghetti noodles
1/2 kilo ground meat (beef/pork/combined)
10 regular hot dogs, sliced diagonally
5 cloves garlic, minced
4 medium-sized onions, minced
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 cups banana ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
cheddar cheese, grated
1 small can evaporated milk(optional)
1 pork cube(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add ground meat and cook until brown.
3. Add hot dogs, tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, pork cubes, parsley and water.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Add evaporated milk, sugar salt and pepper. Simmer a few more minutes. Stir occasionally.
7. Arrange pasta into serving plate, top with spaghetti sauce and grated cheese. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, cut into small pieces
200 grams mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 cup hot water
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon paprika or chili flakes(optional)
cucumber, chopped for garnishing(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate beef with oyster sauce, paprika, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil then stir fry beef for 5 minutes or until brown.
3. Remove from the pan and set aside.
1. In a pan, melt butter and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Pour water and cream of mushroom then cover and simmer until the sauce is creamy. Stir constantly.
4. Put the beef back into the pan then adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Simmer for a while and turn off the heat.
6. Transfer to hot sizzling pate then garnish with cucumber. Serve with steamed rice.