400 grams fusilli or spiral pasta
1 big can spicy tuna flakes in oil, drained
1 Can corn kernel (whole)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup all purpose cream
1 onion, minced
2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon sugar
sugar salt and pepper
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain well and put in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and mix to distribute the oil evenly. This will prevent the pasta from sticking together.
2. Drain the tuna and corn kernel. Add to the pasta. Add the mayonnaise, all purpose cream, sugar,onion, and Parmesan cheese. Mix all ingredients.
3.Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
1/4 kilo ground pork(giniling)
1 1/2 cup mix vegetables (carrots, sweet peas, corn)
2 teaspoons raisins
1/4 cup soy sauce
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup water or pork broth
5 pieces hard boiled quail eggs (optional)
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add ground pork and soy sauce then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add mix vegetables, raisins, bay leaves, quail eggs, and water. Bring to boil.
4. Season with sugar, salt and pepper then simmer for 3 minutes or until tender.
5. Remove from heat and serve hot.
400 grams ground beef, wash and drain
1/2 cup corn kernels
2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed/ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup butter/margarine
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup water
a dash of salt
1 teaspoon freshly crushed/ground black pepper (Garnishing)
1. In a pot, cook ground beef until almost dry. Add oil then melt butter.
2. Add garlic and onion then stir cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add corn kernel, soy sauce, oyster sauce, water, honey, salt and ground pepper then cook for another 5-7 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Transfer into serving plate then sprinkle with black pepper.
6. Garnish with spring onions. Serve hot immediately.
Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken Tinola (Tinolang Manok) with corn or Filipino chicken ginger soup with corn is one of the common dish in the Philippines. A simple and easy to cook recipe with corn cobs for more flavorful taste to our dish.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 45-50 minutes.
Good for 4-6 persons.
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 pieces chayote squash(sayote) or 1 green papaya, cut into serving pieces
2 Japanese corn cobs, cut into 4-5 pieces
1 cup chili leaves or malunggay leaves
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoon fish sauce(patis)
1 litre of water or rice washing
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt to taste
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken, fish sauce, ground pepper and continue sauteing until the color chicken turn to light brown.
3. Pour water then add corn. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken and corn are tender.
4. Add in chayote then continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add chili leaves then turn off the heat.
6. Let stand for a few minutes to cook the leaves then transfer to a serving dish and serve. Enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken Corn Chili is another mouth-watering chicken dish consist of shredded chicken, corn, chili and cream. This can be served as filling in pita bread or with steamed rice.
3/4 kilo chicken breast
1 cup corn kernel
3-4 pieces green chili, chopped
3 cups chicken stock
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
130 ml all purpose cream
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
fish sauce or salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a pot, boil water with salt then add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Remove chicken and reserve the stock. Shred the chicken using fork. Set aside.
1.In a wok, heat oil then sauce garlic and onion.
2. Add half of chopped chili, shredded chicken, cumin and ground pepper
3. Pour chicken stock, corn kernel, cilantro then simmer until reduced.
4. Pour cream, cheese, remaining chopped chili then simmer for a minute.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then continue cooking until almost thickened.
6. Remove from heat then serve with pita bread or steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Beef bulalo is a popular soup dish consisting of beef shanks and bone marrow that is usually served during cold or rainy season.
1 kilo beef shank with bone marrow, cut into serving pieces
1 bundle Chinese cabbage
1 bundle bokchoy (pechay) (optional)
1/2 small cabbage, quartered
1 large onion, chopped
1 liter of water
2 Japanese corns, cut into 3-4 pieces
salt or fish sauce to taste
1 tablespoon peppercorns
1 & 1/2 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
3 stalks scallion, chopped
1. In a large pot, place beef, ginger and pour water then simmer for at least 1 hour until meat is tender. Remove the scum as it rises. Add more water if necessary. (Pressure cooker takes less time).
2. Add Japanese corn, onion and peppercorns then season with salt. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until corn is tender.
3. Add vegetables then simmer for another 3 minutes or until vegetables are half-cooked.
4. Sprinkle with scallion then transfer to serving plate. Serve hot.
Filipino Style Recipe: Cheesy Ground Beef Nachos is a popular Mexican dish made of delicious corn tortilla chips loaded with various toppings and cheese sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
Corn tortilla chips
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
100 grams sliced black olives
1/2 cup picked sliced jalapenos
500 grams ground beef
1 white onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup low-fat milk, chilled
1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute onion.
Add beef and seasoning then cook until brown and crumble. Drain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add butter and flour then stir until smooth.
2. Slowly add chilled milk then whisk constantly until smooth. Break any lumps.
3. Add broth and seasoning then simmer until bubbly and thickened.
4. Lower the heat then add shredded cheese, stir continuously until smooth. Set aside.
1. In bowl, combine salsa ingredients then toss. Set aside
1. In a serving plate, layer the tortilla chips evenly then top with taco meat, salsa then drizzle with cheese sauce. Top with extra salsa. Serve and enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: Corn and malunggay soup with shrimps is another easy and simple soup dish that is commonly serve during rainy season. This healthy dish consists of corn, malunggay and shrimps sauteed and cooked in chicken or shrimp broth.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chooped
8-10 pieces shrimps, peeled and deveined
1 cup corn kernels
a bunch of malunggay leaves
1 chicken or shrimp bouillon(broth cubes)
3 cups water
fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot, heat oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add corn kernels and shrimps then continue sauteing for 3 minutes.
3. Pour water and bring to boil then add bouillon cube.
4. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce and pepper then add malunggay leaves.
5. Simmer for 1-2 minutes then turn off the heat.
6. Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot.
Filipino Style Recipe: vegetable chowder soup is a creamy and healthy vegetable dish that is made up of chopped vegetables like broccoli, potatoes and carrots cooked in a blend of flour, milk and cheese.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 60-70 minutes
Good for 8-10 servings
4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
2 medium potatoes, minced
2 medium carrots, minced
1-1/2 cups water
1 large onion, minced
4 cups evaporated milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 chicken bouillon cube(optional)
2 stalks celery, chopped(optional)
1 cup corn kernels(optional)
2 cups chicken fillet, cooked and shredded(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine flour and 1 cup milk, mix until smooth. Set aside.
1. In a saucepan, heat oil then saute onion.
2. Add celery, carrots and potatoes then continue sauteing for 5 minutes. Add a little water if needed.
3. Pour flour mixture, milk, chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
4. Add the other ingredients then simmer for an hour or until sauce thicken. Keep stirring.
5. Remove from heat and add cheese just until melted. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: bulalo or bone marrow stew is another easy yet delicious Filipino soup dish. Bulalo is similar to beef stew(nilagang baka) instead we use beef shank or bone marrow. This is considered as one of the favorite dish of most Filipinos. Preparing this dish is so simple but time consuming because the beef simmered for at least an hour until tender then cooked with corn cobs, potatoes, bananas and veggies. This is so popular and can be served anytime or the best during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 70 – 90 minutes
1 kilo of beef shank/bone marrow(bulalo), cut into serving pieces
3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into quarter
1 small bundle green beans(baguio beans), trimmed
1 bundle bok choy(Pechay), cut the 2 pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon peppercorn
fish sauce(patis) or salt to taste
1 liter of water
3 Japanese corn cobs, cut into 3-4 pieces(optional)
1/2 small cabbage, cut into quarter(optional)
5 pieces cardava banana(saging na saba), sliced(optional)
2 thumb-sized ginger, chopped(optional)
1. In a large casserole, place the meat, ginger and add water. Set over medium heat and bring to a boil and simmer for at least about 1 hour or until meat is tender. Remove the scum as it rises. Add more water if necessary. Pressure cooker takes less time.
1. Add corn and onion. then season with fish sauce and sprinkle some salt. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the corn is tender.
2. Add potatoes and continue cooking until potatoes are cooked.
3. Add cardava banana and all the vegetables. Do not cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are done.(Do not overcooked the vegetables)
5. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce and salt according to taste.
6. Serve hot with fish sauce and birds eye chili(siling labuyo) for condiments.
1. You may also add anise or cinnamon powder if you prefer.