Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken Tinola (Tinolang Manok) with corn or Filipino chicken ginger soup with corn is one of the common dish in the Philippines. A simple and easy to cook recipe with corn cobs for more flavorful taste to our dish.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 45-50 minutes.
Good for 4-6 persons.
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 pieces chayote squash(sayote) or 1 green papaya, cut into serving pieces
2 Japanese corn cobs, cut into 4-5 pieces
1 cup chili leaves or malunggay leaves
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoon fish sauce(patis)
1 litre of water or rice washing
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt to taste
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken, fish sauce, ground pepper and continue sauteing until the color chicken turn to light brown.
3. Pour water then add corn. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken and corn are tender.
4. Add in chayote then continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add chili leaves then turn off the heat.
6. Let stand for a few minutes to cook the leaves then transfer to a serving dish and serve. Enjoy!