1 large onion, minced
1/2 kilo ground beef
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 pack 40g mcCormick Taco seasoning mix
2 piece tomatoes, minced,
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoon sour cream
4 tablespoon cheese spread
1 pack nachos chips
1. In a bowl, combine the beef and the taco seasoning mix. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and saute onion until translucent. Add the beef and continue suateing until the beef is browned and cooked, around 10-15 minutes. Transfer the beef in a plate with tissue to absorb excess oil.
2. In a big flat serving plate, arrange the nachos. Top with desire amount of grated cheese, beef, cabbage, tomatoes. Drizzle with sour cream and cheese spread.
Filipino Style Recipe: Nachos with Chili Con Carne is a Mexican dish usually served as snack. The dish is consist of tortilla chips covered with chili con carne, sour cream and cheese.
100 grams tortilla chips
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Jalapeño pepper, sliced
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
2/3 cup cheese sauce/spread
Chili Con Carne:
500 grams ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cayenne or chili powder
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 large-sized tomatoes, chopped
1-2 teaspoons dried or fresh oregano(optional)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup beef stock or water
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef. Cook over a medium heat until color turns to brown.
2. Saute the onion, garlic and chilli. After sauteing, mix with ground beef and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add beef stock, tomato paste and tomatoes then simmer for 20 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
4. Add the oregano, cumin and bell pepper then adjust seasoning according taste.
1. Place nachos in a serving plate, add chili con carne on top.
2. Drizzle with sour cream and cheese.
3. Sprinkle with olives, onions and jalapeno. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Cheesy Ground Beef Nachos is a popular Mexican dish made of delicious corn tortilla chips loaded with various toppings and cheese sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
Corn tortilla chips
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
100 grams sliced black olives
1/2 cup picked sliced jalapenos
500 grams ground beef
1 white onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup low-fat milk, chilled
1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute onion.
Add beef and seasoning then cook until brown and crumble. Drain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add butter and flour then stir until smooth.
2. Slowly add chilled milk then whisk constantly until smooth. Break any lumps.
3. Add broth and seasoning then simmer until bubbly and thickened.
4. Lower the heat then add shredded cheese, stir continuously until smooth. Set aside.
1. In bowl, combine salsa ingredients then toss. Set aside
1. In a serving plate, layer the tortilla chips evenly then top with taco meat, salsa then drizzle with cheese sauce. Top with extra salsa. Serve and enjoy!