250 grams leftover lechon, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 red/green bell peppers, chopped
2 pieces green chili, sliced diagonally
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon ground pepper
cooked sunny side up egg(optional)
calamansi for garnishing
1. In a iron pan, heat oil then saute onion and bell peppers.
2. Add lechon and continue sauteing until becomes crispy.
3. Season with soy sauce and ground pepper. Add green chili then stir cook for a minute.
4. Transfer to hot sizzling plate. Serve immediately with egg and calamansi.
1 can tuna flakes in oil, drained
1 white onion, minced
3 pieces chili, chopped
2 tablespoons crushed chicharon
1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon margarine
1 raw egg (optional)
1. In bowl, combine tuna flakes, chicharon, mayonnaise, onion and chili.
2. Heat sizzling plate over low flame then grease with margarine.
3. Add tuna mixture then season with liquid seasoning. Mix well.
4. Add raw egg then mix again until cooked.
5. Remove from heat then serve immediately with calamansi and steamed rice. Enjoy.
1 cup white rice
2 cups chicken stock
200 grams smoked sausage, diced
1 cup annatto oil (1 cup vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon annatto seeds)
1 cup tomato puree
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika powder
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup green peas
salt and ground pepper to taste
slice of Hard-boiled egg
slice of Lemon
1. In a pan, heat annatto oil then saute garlic, onion, and sausage for 3 minutes. Add paprika powder and bell pepper(half) then continue sauteing for a minute.
2. Add tomato puree, oyster sauce, and bay leaves then stir cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the rice then pour chicken stock. Add more water if necessary. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
4. Add green peas and remaining bell pepper then season with salt and ground pepper according to taste. Cook for another 3 minutes.
5.Transfer the jambalaya rice into sizzling plate then top with grilled pork and meatballs. Garnish and serve.
Tokwa or Firm tofu, cut into cubes
1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
2 green chili (siling haba), slice diagonally
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 bundle Spinach
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, combine soy sauce and honey then mix until well blended. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then stir fry tokwa until light brown. Set aside.
2. Saute onion, red bell pepper then put back fried tokwa.
3. Pour the sauce the toss to combine then add spinach.
4. Put in a hot sizzling plate then garnish with green chili. Serve!
Filipino Style Recipe: Sweet Beef Teriyaki is a popular dish in Japanese cuisine. Normally the beef marinade then pan-fried with marinade sauce until tender.
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, sliced thinly into strips
3 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted(optional)
spring onions for garnishing(optional)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1. In a bowl, marinate beef for 24 hours. Cover with plastic wrap.
1. In a pan, heat oil and stir fry beef over low heat until golden brown.
2. Pour the marinade and teriyaki sauce, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes until tender.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste by adding more sugar, water or teriyaki sauce.
4. Transfer the beef to sizzling plate and pour thickened sauce on top.
5. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion. Serve hot with sauteed mung beans and steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Sizzling hotdog is another easy dish that is made of hotdog cooked in a blend of ketchup and hot sauce then top with onion rings. I got this idea from one of the resto bar somewhere in Quezon City. They served this kind of dish as appetizer or pulutan together with cold beer.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10 minutes
5 pieces jumbo hotdog, slice diagonally
1 large white onion, cut into ring
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon hot sauce(optional)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute hotdogs.
2. Add tomato ketchup and hot sauce then stir well.
3. Add onions then cooked for a minute.
4. Heat the sizzling plate then grease with butter.
5. Put the hotdog mixture then serve immediately.
Filipino Style Recipe: Sizzling Gambas is a spicy sizzling shrimp that usually served as appertizer(pulutan). Normally the shrimp marinate in lemon juice then sauteed and cooked in a tomato sauce, hot sauce together with bell pepper and chili.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 10-12 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
250 grams tomato sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 cup green chili, sliced diagonally
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup mushrooms(optional)
1 carrot, diced(optional)
1/2 cup green peas(optional)
4-6 pieces hard-boiled quail eggs(optional)
1/4 cup lemon juice(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate shrimp in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, heat olive oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add carrots, mushrooms, green peas, green chili and bell pepper.
3. Add tomato sauce, hot sauce and bread crumbs then simmer for 5 minutes or until thicken.
4. Add shrimp and quail eggs then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Transfer to hot sizzling plate then serve immediately.