Filipino Style Recipe: Sizzling Gambas is a spicy sizzling shrimp that usually served as appertizer(pulutan). Normally the shrimp marinate in lemon juice then sauteed and cooked in a tomato sauce, hot sauce together with bell pepper and chili.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 10-12 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
250 grams tomato sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 cup green chili, sliced diagonally
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup mushrooms(optional)
1 carrot, diced(optional)
1/2 cup green peas(optional)
4-6 pieces hard-boiled quail eggs(optional)
1/4 cup lemon juice(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate shrimp in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, heat olive oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add carrots, mushrooms, green peas, green chili and bell pepper.
3. Add tomato sauce, hot sauce and bread crumbs then simmer for 5 minutes or until thicken.
4. Add shrimp and quail eggs then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Transfer to hot sizzling plate then serve immediately.