Yield: 6 waffles
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, separate egg yolk and egg white
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups warm milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, separate egg whites then beat until stiff peaks form.
2. In another bowl, combine egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Whisk together.
3. Add dry ingredients then mix well. Fold in egg whites.
1. Lightly grease waffle iron, then preheat to desired temperature.
2. Ladle the batter then cook for 5-10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
3. Transfer into serving plate then top with chocolate spread and marshmallow.
4. Torch marshmallow then serve together with hot coffee.
Filipino Style Recipe: S’mores Graham Balls are simple and easy on the budget. The Graham balls are sweet snacks filled with marsh mallow that you and your family could enjoy. These is commonly serve in any occasions specially during holidays.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-25 minutes (plus refrigerating time)
1 1/2 cup crushed graham
1 can (300ml) condensed milk
3 tablespoons powdered milk
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
marshmallows for filling
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1. In a bowl, combine crushed grahams and condensed milk then mix until well incorporated.
2. Add the powdered milk and cocoa. Use hand to make dough. (Add more grahams if mixture is still sticky and hard to make ball.)
1. Scoop a spoonful of graham mixture and create a ball by rolling into your palms.
2. Push one marshmallow into the center of the ball then seal and roll it until the shape is round.
3. Roll the graham balls over confectioner’s sugar.
4. Repeat steps until all the mixture is consumed.
5. Put into sealed container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Place each ball in a small muffin liner then serve.