Filipino Style Recipe: Smores Cookie Cups is made of crushed grahams topped with melted marshmallows instead of usual frosting.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar,packed
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup crushed grahams
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 pieces large marshmallows
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer until creamy, around 3 minutes.Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. In another bowl, combine the crushed grahams, flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture into the butter mixture and mix using spatula until just combined.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon batter into each non stick muffin pan and mold into the sides and bottom of the pan. Note that the batter will expand when baked so do not make it too thick.
4.Bake into preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Filipino Style Recipe:I am not a big fan of marshmallows but its a different story when you say melted marshmallows. In this recipe, instead of using the usual frosting, I am using melted marshmallows on top of a rich and bold chocolate cupcake.
For the cupcake:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon buttermilk powder dissolved in 1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup hot water
1 cup chocolate, melted
For the toppings:
24 pieces big white marshmallows
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients(flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt)
2. In another bowl,combine the buttermilk,oil, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Mix the wet ingredients with a mixer on low speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Add the coffee and mix with hand until just combined. Fold in melted chocolate.
5. Pour the batter into prepared cupcake pans.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on the cupcake comes out clean.
1. Remove from the oven and put one marshmallow on top of each cupcake. Press lightly to avoid from falling off the cupcake.
2. Put back in the oven and bake for 1 minute or less when the top is light brown.
3. Remove from the oven and gently press down marshmallows to flatten.
4. Best served warm.
Filipino Style Recipe: S’mores Graham Balls are simple and easy on the budget. The Graham balls are sweet snacks filled with marsh mallow that you and your family could enjoy. These is commonly serve in any occasions specially during holidays.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-25 minutes (plus refrigerating time)
1 1/2 cup crushed graham
1 can (300ml) condensed milk
3 tablespoons powdered milk
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
marshmallows for filling
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1. In a bowl, combine crushed grahams and condensed milk then mix until well incorporated.
2. Add the powdered milk and cocoa. Use hand to make dough. (Add more grahams if mixture is still sticky and hard to make ball.)
1. Scoop a spoonful of graham mixture and create a ball by rolling into your palms.
2. Push one marshmallow into the center of the ball then seal and roll it until the shape is round.
3. Roll the graham balls over confectioner’s sugar.
4. Repeat steps until all the mixture is consumed.
5. Put into sealed container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Place each ball in a small muffin liner then serve.