Yields 24 cookies
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar(packed)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 2 teaspoon hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar using electric mixer for 3 minutes or until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla, baking soda mixture and salt then mix until well combined.
2. Add the flour to the mixture then mix using a spatula. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
3. Drop large spoonful of batter into ungreased pan then top with remaining chocolate chips. (You can also freeze half of the batter for future baking)
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the oven, let it cool before removing from the pan.
Filipino Style Recipe: Smores Cookie Cups is made of crushed grahams topped with melted marshmallows instead of usual frosting.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar,packed
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup crushed grahams
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 pieces large marshmallows
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer until creamy, around 3 minutes.Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. In another bowl, combine the crushed grahams, flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture into the butter mixture and mix using spatula until just combined.
3. Scoop 1 tablespoon batter into each non stick muffin pan and mold into the sides and bottom of the pan. Note that the batter will expand when baked so do not make it too thick.
4.Bake into preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.