200 grams all-purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 raw egg, beaten
300 ml evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
vanilla whipped cream
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Mix well.
2. In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
3. Combine the two mixtures then whisk until well blended.
1. Heat a non-stick pan in a low heat, grease using melted butter then scoop and pour 1/3 cup of batter.
2. Swirl the batter then cook for 20 seconds or until almost set. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
3. Repeat the steps for the remaining batter.
4. Transfer the pancakes to serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar then serve with maple syrup and vanilla whipped cream.
500 grams beef sirloin, sliced thinly
3 tablespoons cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons lime or calamansi juice
3 tablespoons brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon oyster sauce(optional)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine beef and marinade. Mix well then cover and marinate overnight inside the fridge.
1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil.
2. Add marinated beef in a single layer, cook for 3-5 minutes each sides or until color turns to lightly browned and tender.
3. Transfer to serving plate. Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.
Note: Traditional beef tapa served with fried rice and egg.
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoon red food color
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
red velvet crumb
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
200 grams cream cheese, softened
60 grams butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A dash of salt
1. In a bowl, combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt then mix well. Set aside.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (around 5 minutes).
2. Beat in eggs one at a time then mix in the sour cream, food color, and vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture gradually until just blended. (Do not overbeat as this will make the cupcake dry and hard.)
1. In a muffin pan, line muffin cups then fill-in batter up to 2/3 of the muffin cup.
2. Bake in preheated oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until done. (Cupcakes is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.). Let it cool.
1. In a electric mixer, whip butter on medium speed for 5 minutes or until becomes creamy.
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and salt then keep mixing for another 5 minutes or until becomes light and fluffy.
3. Add sugar then beat until smooth.
4. Scoop and spread the frosting on top of cupcakes. Sprinkle with red velvet crumb.
Refrigerate before serving.
1 cup lemon juice (6-8 fresh lemons)
3 cups water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water then bring to boil over low heat. Keep stirring until fully dissolved. Let it cool and chilled.
2.In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, lemon slices, syrup and water then stir until well combined. Serve with ice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Classic potato salad is one of the popular salad that usually serve in any occasions. It is consists of boiled potato chunks tossed in mayonnaise, bacon tidbits, parsley, spring onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper for salad dressing. This is usually serve as side dish together with your favorite pasta.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-30 minutes. Good for 3-4 persons
1 kilo potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 cup ham or smokey bacon tidbits
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup spring onion, chopped
3 tablespoons lemon or calamansi juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon mustard(optional)
3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped(optional)
1/2 cup celery, chopped(optional)
1. In a large pot, boil water with salt then cook potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and Let it cool then place in a large bowl. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
2. Pour over potatoes then toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.