Watermelon, seeds removed, cut into chunks (for 2 cups juice)
Lemons (for 1 cup lemonade)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup water
mint for garnishing (optional)
Part 1 (Syrup)
1. Dissolve sugar in a boiling water. Transfer into glass container and let it cool in an ice bath. Set aside.
Part 2 (watermelon juice)
1. In a blender, puree watermelon until smooth. Transfer into a separate bottle.
Part 3 (lemonade)
1. Squeeze lemons and strain into a pitcher. Add syrup and stir until well blended.
Part 4 (Assembly)
1. In a tall glass, add ice then pour lemonade (half of the glass).
2. Place spoon over the edge then pour slowly the watermelon juice over the spoon.
3. Garnish with mint and serve.
1 cup lemon juice (6-8 fresh lemons)
3 cups water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water then bring to boil over low heat. Keep stirring until fully dissolved. Let it cool and chilled.
2.In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, lemon slices, syrup and water then stir until well combined. Serve with ice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Lemon and Mint Water is a refreshing and healthy drinks made of fresh mint, lemon and water. This drinks is an antioxidant and a great source of vitamin C ideal for those on diet. It helps the body to cleanse any toxins in the system and aids in weight loss.
2 lemons, thinly sliced
fresh mint leaves
1 2/3 liters water
juice of one lemon
honey to taste (optional)
1. In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients then allow flavors to infuse inside the fridge for a few hours.
2. Serve chilled.
Filipino Style Recipe: Mojito is a popular cocktail drink from Cuba. This beverage is also known as Cuban highball and become a popular summer drink. Mojito is a combination of sweetness, refreshing citrus and mint flavors made of mashed mint leaves, lime juice, white rum, simple syrup and club soda.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes
Good for 1 serving
6 pieces mint leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons simple syrup(1 tablespoon sugar dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water)
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons white rum
3 tablespoons club soda or sparkling water
2 lime slices
1. In a container with lid, lightly mashed mint leaves with lime juice.
2. Add white rum, simple syrup and ice cubes. Cover and shake well for 15 seconds.
3. In a serving glass, add ice then pour mixture then club soda. Garnish with lime slices and mint sprig then serve cold with straw.