Filipino Style Recipe: Bagnet Stew is another way on how to cook bagnet as main ingredient. Bagnet is a popular delicacy in Ilocos made from pork belly deep fried until crispy and blister on skin. This dish has a sour and a little salty taste best to serve during rainy and cold season.
500 grams bagnet, cut into serving pieces
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
4-5 cups water
fish sauce and ground pepper to taste
1/2 small cabbage, quartered (optional)
1. In a large casserole, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. Add bagnet and saute for 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour water then cover and simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
4. Season with fish sauce then simmer for a minute.
5. Add cabbage then simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Serve
Powered by Facebook Comments