1 kilo pork belly
2 tablespoons rock salt
2 tablespoons peppercorns, whole
5 pieces dried bay leaves(laurel)
cooking oil for frying
1. In a big cooking pot, place pork belly then add 1 tablespoon rock salt, peppercorns and bay leaves.
2. Pour enough water until meat is completely submerged.
3. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
4. Drain and set aside until completely dry.
1. Spread remaining rock salt on pork belly, distribute it evenly on all sections.
2. In a deep cooking pot, heat oil and deep fry the pork belly for 10 minutes over low heat.
3. Turn off the heat, drain on paper towel and let it cool.
1. Reheat the same oil and deep fry the pork belly again.
2. Sprinkle with cold water, this will help blister the pork skin.
3. Fry for another 10 minutes or until colors turn to brown and texture is crispy.
4. Drain on paper towels and slice to serving pieces.
5. Serve with Lechon sauce. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments