300 grams pork belly, cut into small pieces
1 medium-sized bitter gourd(ampalaya), cut in half then removing the seeds and sliced crosswise
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon sesame oil(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, sugar, salt and pepper then mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine bitter gourd, 1/4 cup salt and enough water then soak for 15 minutes. Rinse, drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add pork then continue sauteing until light brown.
3. Pour 1/2 cup water then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add bitter gourd and mushrooms then stir cook for a minute.
5. Add soy sauce mixture, and oyster sauce then simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Add water if necessary.
6. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Remove from heat then serve with steamed rice.