Filipino Style Recipe: Bagnet is the Ilocano version of lechon kawali. This dish is the delicacy in northern part of Luzon. Normally the pork belly boiled and deep fried until crispy and blister on skin then serve with vinegar.
1. In a pot, arrange pork belly and pour water, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves and salt.
2. Bring to boil for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
3. Prick the skin using fork then drain and let it cool. Refrigerate over night.
1. Rub pork belly with salt then set aside for 10 minutes.
1. In a frying pan, heat enough oil and deep fry pork belly in low heat for 30 minutes or until brown. Drain and let it cool.
2. Reheat the same oil and deep fry the pork belly again for 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with cold water, this will help blister the pork skin. Continue frying for 5 minutes.
4. Drain and slice into serving pieces.
5. Serve with spicy vinegar.