Filipino Style Recipe: Crispy Bicol Express recipe is another variety of popular Bicol Express. Normally the pork boiled and fried until crispy. Cooked with coconut milk, shrimp paste, green chili and red chili.
1 kilo pork(1/4 fat), cut lengthwise
4 pieces long green peppers(siling pangsigang), sliced diagonally
10 pieces baguio beans or green beans, sliced diagonally
3 pieces red chili(siling labuyo)
3 cups coconut milk
3 tablespoons shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt to taste
1. In a pot, boil pork belly with salt for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave the pork to dry. Sprinkle with salt.
1. In a pan, heat oil then deep fry pork until light brown.
2. Drain on paper towel then cut into serving pieces. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add the shrimp paste then mix for another minute.
3. Pour coconut milk then simmer until reduced.
4. Add the baguio beans, green peppers and red chili.
5. Add sliced pork then adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Transfer to serving bowl, then serve immediately with steamed rice. Enjoy!