6-8 pieces large-sized galunggong, cleaned
3 tablespoons miso paste
1 pack of tamarind powder or tamarind(sampalok)
3 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
3 large tomatoes, chopped
a bunch of mustard greens(mustasa)
3 green pepper(siling haba)
1 liter water or rice washing
fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Make a slit on both sides of galunggong then sprinkle with salt.
2. In a pan, heat cooking oil and fry fish until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
2. Add miso paste and fish sauce then stir cook for a minute.
3. Pour water then bring to boil. Add sinigang mix then bring to boil.
4. Add fried galunggong and green pepper then cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and ground pepper according to taste.
6. Add mustard greens then simmer for a minute. Serve hot!
1. To extract tamarind juice instead of sinigang mix, boil unripe tamarind until soften then pound and extract the juice.