Filipino Style Recipe: sweet red bean paste is one of the typical filling of buns like hopia and buchi. Normally the red beans soaked in water for several hours and then boiled until very soft. Mashed and cooked with sugar until it becomes a thick paste.
1 1/2 cups red beans
4 cups water
1 cup sugar
1. In a large bowl, pour plenty of water and then soak the red beans for atleast 8 hours or over night.
1. In a pan, place red beans and pour water. Bring to boil over medium heat for 2 hours or until very soft.
2. Remove the foams forming in the surface and the skins as it rises. Add more water as necessary.
1. Drain the beans and then blend it into a blender or gently mash it until become puree. Discard the skins.
2. Using a clean cloth or strainer, place the red bean puree and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
4. In a pan, place red bean puree then add sugar, cook in a low heat until it becomes a thick paste.
5. Stir well so that it does not stick to the bottom. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Powered by Facebook Comments