Filipino Style Recipe: black forest cake is another sweet cake that is usually serve during special occasion or Holiday season. It is usually made with a layer of chocolate sponge cake, cherry syrup and whipping cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings and cherry then chilled before serving.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes(plus chilling time)
Estimated time of baking: 40 minutes
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 cup olive oil
2 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 jar of cherries in syrup, drain and reserve the syrup
4 teaspoons brandy(optional)
Part 1(Chocolate Sponge)
1. In a bowl, combine milk, eggs, sugar and olive oil. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix until well blended.
3. Combine the two mixtures then whisk very well.
4. In a 9inch round cake pan, grease with melted butter then dust with flour.
5. Pour mixture then bake over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool then slice into 3 equal layers. Set aside.
Part 3(Whipping Cream)
1. In a bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla essence then whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Part 4(Cherry Syrup and Brandy)
1. In a bowl, combine cherry syrup and brandy. Mix well and set aside.
1. Take the bottom layer of the cake then spread a layer of cherry-brandy syrup then a layer of cream mixture.
2. Place the middle layer of the cake then repeat the procedure until the final layer.
3. Add a final layer of cream mixture all over the cake then sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
4. In a pastry bag, place the remaining cream mixture then decorate the cake and then top with fresh cherries.
5. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Powered by Facebook Comments