Filipino Style Recipe: Sauteed Chicken Chayote or ginisang manok at sayote is another easy and simple dish. Sauteed chicken chayote is affordable and simple yo prepare, the chicken sauteed and cooked with chayote until tender. This dish is usually serve during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 25-30 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
2 pieces chayote(sayote), cut into small pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, saute garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken fillet, fish sauce and pepper then continue sauteing until light brown.
3. Add chayote then stir cook for a minute, pour water then cover and bring to boil.
4. Season with salt and pepper then simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then serve hot with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments