Filipino Style Recipe: beef broccoli and cauliflower is another easy and healthy beef dish. The beef cut into strips then marinated and stir cooked with broccoli and cauliflower in a blend of oyster sauce, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 45-50 minutes.
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo sirloin or flank beef, sliced thinly into strips
1 medium size broccoli, cut into serving pieces
1 medium size cauliflower, cut into serving pieces
1 medium sized onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small ginger, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon or calamansi juice
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 cup water or beef stock
1 teaspoon cornstarch or flour(dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
1 teaspoon sesame oil(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, ground pepper, sesame oil and marinate for 15 minutes.
1. In the same pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add beef then stir cook for 5 minutes or until light brown and start to sizzle.
3. Add oyster sauce, water, sugar, salt and ground pepper then simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add broccoli and cauliflower then cook for a minute.
5. Pour dissolved cornstarch then simmer until thickens. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments