Filipino Style Recipe: Pansit Habhab is a popular noodle dish in Lucban, Quezon Province. This is commonly served on a banana leaf with vinegar then eaten directly to your mouth without using any utensils. Like other pansit dish, it consist of vegetables and pork liempo.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-60 minutes
Good for 5-7 persons
1/2 kilo pancit miki (miki lucban)
1/4 kilo pork liempo or leftover lechon kawali
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
5 tablespoons soy sauce or fish sauce
3 cups pork broth or water
1 cup Baguio beans or snow peas
1 chayote, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
3 bundles bok choy or pechay, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
4 tablespoons cooking oil
spicy vinegar to taste
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then deep fry meat until golden brown and crispy.
2. Drain and let it cool then chopped into serving pieces. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and stir fry all veggies for 3 minutes or until half-done. Set aside.
2. In a same pan, saute garlic and onion.
3. Add fried meat, water, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
4. Add noodles then cook until it has absorbs the liquid and tender.
5. Add vegetables then cook until done.
6. Turn off the heat and transfer into banana leaves then serve with vinegar.
Powered by Facebook Comments