3/4 kilo pork leg (pata), cut into serving pieces
250 grams tomato sauce
1 large onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 large potatoes, cubed
2 large carrots, cubed
2 red and green bell peppers, diced
3-4 cups water
1 can (85 grams)liver spread or peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2-3 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1/4 cup cheese, grated or cubed(optional)
1 cup soda(7-up or soda)(optional)
1. In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown.
2. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add pork leg, continue sauteing until color turns to brown.
3. Add tomato sauce, soda, bay leaves and water then simmer until pork is tender. Add water if necessary.
4. Add carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, liver spread and chili. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Add cheese and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments