3/4 kilo pork leg (pata), cut into serving pieces
250 grams tomato sauce
1 large onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 large potatoes, cubed
2 large carrots, cubed
2 red and green bell peppers, diced
3-4 cups water
1 can (85 grams)liver spread or peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2-3 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1/4 cup cheese, grated or cubed(optional)
1 cup soda(7-up or soda)(optional)
1. In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown.
2. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add pork leg, continue sauteing until color turns to brown.
3. Add tomato sauce, soda, bay leaves and water then simmer until pork is tender. Add water if necessary.
4. Add carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, liver spread and chili. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Add cheese and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.
1 pork leg(pata), slice into serving pieces.
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon peppercorn
6 cloves garlic, pounded
2 onions, chopped
2 cups soda(sprite, 7-up, lemonade or root beer)
5 cups pork broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup oyster sauce
2 bay leaves(laurel)
2 pieces star anise (optional)
1/4 cup dried banana blossoms(puso ng saging)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
2 bundles steamed bok choy(Pechay)(optional)
cooking oil for frying
1. In a pot, place pata then pour enough water to cover the meat.
2. Add salt and peppercorn then bring to boil for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve the broth.
1. In a pot, heat oil then fry pork pata until golden brown. Drain.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add fried pata, broth, soda, soy sauce, oyster sauce, bay leaves, banana blossoms, star anise and brown sugar.
3. Simmer over low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until pata is tender. Add water if necessary.(Cook in pressure cooker takes 30 minutes).
4. Add dissolved cornstarch and adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens and a few sauce is remaining.
6. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed bok choy and rice.