1 piece(2 kg) pork pata(pork hock or knuckle), cleaned
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1 head garlic, pounded
1 white onions, chopped
12 pieces peppercorns
4 pieces bay leaves
6 stalks lemongrass
4 pieces star anise
4 tablespoons salt
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Prick pata with a fork then marinate in soy sauce and vinegar for 30 minutes. Turning occasionally.
1. In a large pot, pour water then add garlic, onion, peppercorns, bay leaves, lemon grass, star anise and salt.
2. Add pata then bring to boil over medium heat for 50 minutes or until tender. Add water if necessary.
3. Drain and let it cool.
1. Prick pata with a fork to make holes all over, rub with salt and pepper.
2. Deep fry over low heat for 20 minutes or until skin becomes crisp and golden brown.
3. Drain then serve with dipping sauce(soy sauce, calamansi, chili, chopped onion).