25 pieces taro(gabi) leaves, dried and shredded
1/2 kilo pork, diced
1/4 cup shrimp paste(bagoong alamang)
1 cup 1st extract coconut milk(kakang gata)
2 cups 2nd extract coconut milk(gata)
3 pieces green chili pepper(siling haba), sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, chopped
2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2-3 pieces red chili(labuyo)
1/4 kilo shrimp, boiled and peeled(optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a casserole, saute garlic, ginger and onions.
2. Then add the pork, continue sauteing until color turns to light brown.
3. Add in the taro leaves. Pour in the coconut milk(2nd extract) but do not stir. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add green chili pepper, red chili, shrimp and shrimp paste.
5. Season with salt and pepper then cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the remaining coconut milk(1st extract) and continue to simmer until oil comes out.
7. Transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.