Filipino Style Recipe: Ginataang suso(snail with coconut milk) is an exotic dish that you will find surprisingly delicious. Snails cooked in coconut milk that you will enjoy the richness flavor together with vegetables. You can try this dish if your looking for a mouth-watering recipe that will surely agree to your taste.
Good for 5-7 persons.
1 kilo snails(suso)
1 kilo shredded coconut
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
2 tbsp ginger strips
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
2 pieces green chilli(siling haba)
1 bunch string beans(sitaw), cut in 2-inch length
1/2 squash, chopped into 2×1 inch cubes
salt and pepper to taste
1. To clean the snails, place the snails in a bowl with water and salt. set aside for a few hours.
2. Rub the shells in water to remove the residues and crack a small opening on the end of the snail.
1. Place the shredded coconut in a mixing bowl and pour in 2 cups of hot water.
2. Separate the milk from the shredded coconut by squeezing from the mixture(Use a strainer or a clean cloth). Place in a bowl and set aside.(1st extract)
3. Repeat the procedure, place the milk(2nd extract) to another bowl.
1. In a casserole, place the coconut milk(2nd extract) together with the garlic, onion and ginger. Set heat to medium until the liquid comes to a boil.
2. Pour in the snails and bring to a boil once more until it becomes thick.
3. Add the vegetables and green chili.
4. Add the coconut milk(1st extract). Bring to boil.
5. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
7. Remove from heat. Serve hot. Enjoy!
1. You can replace the fresh coconut with coconut milk in can or coconut powder. However, you have to remember that fresh would always give the best results.
2. In taking out the snail’s content from the shell, you can use a fork or a toothpick.
3. If you like it spicy, put few chopped hot chilli.
Powered by Facebook Comments