Filipino Style Recipe: Pork Asado or Asadong Baboy is a red-colored sweetmeats with sweet sauce. You can’t go wrong in preparing this recipe since the procedure is simple, all you have to do is marinade the meat in a mixture of seasonings and boil it until tender.
Good for 4-6 persons.
1 kilo pork(belly, loin, shoulder) or any part with thin layer of fat
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 pieces star anise
2 bay leaf
1 tablespoons peppercorns
4 tablespoons sugar
1 head garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cups of water or 4 pineapple juice
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients then mix well.
2. Prick the pork meat with a fork in several places and marinade for an hour.
3. Heat a pan in low heat, put the marinated pork along with the marinate.
4. Pour water then bring to boil.
5. Add brown sugar and mix well.
6. Simmer for about 40 minutes until both sides of the meat are tender. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Remove the meat from heat and cool to room temperature. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
8. Arrange on a serving plate and top with the thick sauce.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments