Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang monggo recipe is another sweet rice porridge popular among Filipinos. It is mainly made up of sticky rice and roasted mung beans boiled with coconut milk with sugar.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1. In a pan, toast monggo until roasted and brown.
2. Crushed the monggo using a rolling pin or bottle. Set aside.
3. In a casserole mix the rice, roasted monggo, water and coconut milk.
4. Cook in a low heat until the coconut milk is almost absorbed. Stir occasionally.
5. Add sugar, corn kernels and vanilla extract and stir well. Remove from heat.
6. Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot!
Powered by Facebook Comments