Filipino Style Recipe: spicy glazed pork spareribs recipe is normally the spareribs sauteed and cooked in a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper sugar and chili.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 50 minutes
Good for 4 servings
750 grams pork spareribs, cut in serving pieces
1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons red and green bell pepper, finely chopped(optional)
1 tablespoon black beans(optional)
spring onions for garnishing(optional)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon chili paste
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute ginger. Add spareribs and toss until water evaporates.
2. Add boiling water, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until spareribs are tender.
3. Add water if needed. There should be a little liquid left.
4. Add black beans and red and green bell peppers.
5. Pour sauce mixture and stir until the sauce is thickened and the meat is glazed.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Remove from heat and serve!
Powered by Facebook Comments