Filipino Style Recipe: chicken adobo with coconut milk or adobong manok sa gata is a popular dish in Bicol Region. Normally the chicken sauteed and cooked with vinegar and coconut milk.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 5-6 persons
1 kilo chicken, cut in serving pieces
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
1 tablespoon peppercorns
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 cups coconut milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt to taste
1 chicken broth cubes(optional)
2 pieces chili finger(siling labuyo)(optional)
6 stalks lemon grass, pounded(optional)
1. In a stock pot, add chicken and lemon grass. Bring to boil until chicken is tender.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken pieces then pour vinegar. Simmer for 1 minute.
3. Add peppercorns and bay leaves.
4. Pour 1 cup of coconut milk, chili finger and chicken broth cubes.
5. Simmer until the coconut milk is half absorbed. Stir occasionally.
6. Pour another cup of coconut milk and bring to boil until thickens.
7. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
8. Serve hot with rice.
1. You may also add chayote or green papaya if desired.
Powered by Facebook Comments