Filipino style recipe: ginisang ampalaya or sauteed bitter melon with egg is another healthy yet affordable dish. Normally the bitter melon sauteed with ground pork then cook with tomatoes and beaten egg.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4-6 servings
2 bitter melon(ampalaya), seeded and sliced thinly
2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
2 pieces egg, beaten
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup ground pork (optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. Add ground pork and cook until brown.
2. Add water and bring to boil.
3. Add bitter melon, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add beaten eggs and season with salt.
5. Continue cooking until eggs are firm.
6. Remove from heat and serve hot!
If you want to lessen the bitter taste of ampalaya here the procedures:
1. Rub the sliced ampalaya with salt and leave for 10 minutes
2. Then squeeze the ampalaya until the water comes out.
Powered by Facebook Comments