Filipino Style Recipe: sinigang na hipon is another simple and easy Filipino dish. This is similar to sinigang na baboy. Normally the shrimps cooked in a combination of onions, tomatoes, different vegetables and tamarind which gives a sour taste.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30 minutes
Good for 5-6 servings
1 kilo Shrimps
1 pack sinigang mix or 12 pieces tamarind(sampalok)
5 cups water or ricewash
1 onion, diced
3 large tomatoes, quartered
1 bundle water spinach(kangkong), cut into 2 inches
3 pieces green chili(siling haba)
salt or fish sauce to taste
2 pieces radish, sliced(optional)
1 bundle string beans(optional)
1. In a pot, pour water and bring to boil.
2. Add onions, tomatoes and radish.
3. Add sinigang mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add shrimps, string beans and green chili then simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning with salt or fish sauce.
6. Turn off the heat, add water spinach and cover for a few minutes.
7. Transfer to serving bowl and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
1. You may also add eggplants or pechay.
If using tamarind(sampalok) instead of sinigang mix, here’s the procedure:
1. Boil tamarind until soften.
2. Pound and extract the juices.
Powered by Facebook Comments