Filipino Style Recipe: pinangat na isda is another simple and easy Filipino dish. It is usually consist of fish cooked in a combination of kamias or tamarind, tomatoes and some spices.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1 kilo fish(tilapia, hasa-hasa, bisugo, sapsap), cleaned
1 piece onion, sliced
1/2 kilo tomatoes, sliced
2 cups kamias or green tamarind or green mangoes or calamansi juice
2-3 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
2 pieces green chili(siling haba)(optional)
1. In a pot, arrange fish, onion, tomatoes, kamias, salt and pepper.
2. Add water until almost cover the fish.
3. Cover and simmer over low fire.
4. While boiling, fetch all the tomatoes and kamias and put in a bowl.
5. Press altogether using fork and put back in the pot.
6. Adjust seasoning according to taste and continue cooking until the fish is done.
Powered by Facebook Comments