Filipino Style Recipe: pork sarciado is another tomato-based dish. Normally the pork comes fried and then cooked in chopped tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4 servings
4 pieces pork chops
1 tablespoon of calamansi or lemon juice
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
cooking oil for frying
salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves(laurel)(optional)
2 pieces potatoes, diced(optional)
1/2 cup green peas(optional)
1 green bell pepper, diced(optional)
1. In a bowl, arrange pork and add calamansi juice, salt and pepper. Marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Dip in beaten egg and dredge the meat in flour and shake off to remove excess flour.
1. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry potatoes until brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, deep fry the pork until colors turn to golden brown and tender.
2. Drain on paper towels and cut into bite-size strips. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil and saute garlic, onion, bay leaves and tomatoes. Let the tomatoes simmer gently.
2. Pour tomato sauce, water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
3. Add fried pork. Cover and simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
4. Add fried potatoes, green bell pepper and green peas.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments