Filipino Style Recipe: ginisang patola with miswa or sauteed gourd with wheat noodles is a vegetable soup dish. Normally the pork or shrimp sauteed then cooked with gourd and wheat noodles. This is similar to ginisang upo and ginisang sayote.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
2 medium-sized sponge gourd(patola), peeled and sliced
1 small pack thin wheat noodles(miswa)
250 grams pork with fat, cut into small pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 pork broth cubes(optional)
1. In a saucepan, cook pork meat until color turns to light brown and start to render oil.
2. Saute onion and garlic. Season with fish sauce then mix well.
3. Add water and pork broth cubes. Bring to boil.
4. Add patola and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Add miswa and simmer for 1 minute.
7. Remove from heat then serve.
1. You may also add shrimps together with pork.
Powered by Facebook Comments