Filipino Style Recipe: tokwa’t baboy or fried tofu and pork is a popular appetizer among Filipinos. Normally tofu comes fried and the pork boiled until tender then served with sauce mixture.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes.
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo pork(belly, ears, cheeks), cut into cubes
4-5 pieces tofu(tokwa)
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper
cooking oil for frying
3 pieces red pepper(siling labuyo), chopped(optional)
1 onion for garnishing(diced or rings)(optional)
1. In a pot, pour water then add salt and pork.
2. Bring to boil over lower heat until pork is tender. Set aside.
1. In frying pan, heat oil and deep fry tofu until golden brown.
2. Drain on paper towel then cut into cubes. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix vinegar, soy sauce, salt, sugar, red pepper, ground pepper, onions and garlic.
1. In a serving bowl, combine pork and fried tofu. Pour sauce mixture and garnish with onions.
Powered by Facebook Comments