Filipino Style Recipe: adobong labong or bamboo shoots adobo is another easy yet healthy dish. Normally the bamboo shoots sliced and boiled then cooked in a blend of soy sauce and vinegar, season with sugar, salt and pepper.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-30 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 5 persons
250 grams bamboo shoots(labong),sliced
200 grams pork, cut into small pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinly
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
10 pieces peppercorns
2 pieces bay leaves
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
salt to taste
3 pieces red chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1. In a pot, pour water and add bamboo shoots, uncover and bring to boil for 20 minutes or until soften. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add pork and stir-fry until brown.
3. Add cooked bamboo shoots, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Pour soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaves and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
5. Add chopped chili then season with salt according to taste.
6. Pour dissolved mixture and simmer until thicken, turn off the heat. Serve hot.
1. Cooked bamboo shoots can be purchase at some market or grocery, skip Part 1.
Powered by Facebook Comments