Filipino Style Recipe: chicken sotanghon is a noodle soup dish made of chicken meat boiled in stock together with sotanghon noodles and vegetables. This is commonly served during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 servings
500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
200 grams sotanghon noodles, cut into desired length and soak in water until soft
7 cups chicken stock (or chicken bouillon dissolved in hot water)
1 carrots, julienned
3/4 cup cabbage, shredded
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tablespoon fish sauce(patis)
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 cup spring onion, chopped(optional)
30 grams dried black mushrooms(shiitake), (optional)
3-4 pieces hard-boiled eggs(optional)
1. In a bowl, heat oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken and mushroom then stir fry until light brown, season with fish sauce.
3. Pour chicken stock then bring to boil and simmer until chicken is cook.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Add sotanghon noodles and carrots then simmer for 3 minutes, add water if necessary.
6. Add cabbage then simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
7. Transfer to serving bowl then sprinkle with spring onion. Serve with hard-boiled egg.
Powered by Facebook Comments