Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang labong or bamboo shoots in coconut milk is another easy yet healthy food. Normally the bamboo shoots sliced and boiled. Then cooked with coconut milk together with shrimps and vegetable leaves.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-30 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 5 persons
250 grams bamboo shoots(labong),sliced
2 cups coconut milk
250 grams medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinkly
salt and pepper to taste
1 bundle chili leaves or jute leaves(saluyot)(optional)
3 pieces green chili(siling haba), chopped(optional)
1 small can tomato sardines(optional)
1. In a pot, pour water and add bamboo shoots, uncover and bring to boil for 20-30 minutes or until soften. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Pour coconut milk and bring to boil over low heat. Stir constantly.
2. Add cooked bamboo shoots, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add shrimp and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped chili and vegetables.
4. Simmer for another minute or until thicken, turn off the heat. Serve hot.
1. Cooked bamboo shoots can be purchased at some market or grocery, skip Part 1.
Powered by Facebook Comments