Filipino Style Recipe: spicy mixed seafood soup is another seafood dish that usually served by Filipinos mostly during rainy season. Another simple recipe but very healthy dish.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons.
1/2 kilo mixed seafood(fish balls, kikiam, squid, scallops, shrimps, etc)
2 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
1 onion, quartered
1 tomato, quartered
2 pieces red chili pepper, sliced diagonally
salt and pepper to taste
5 cups water
1 stalk lemongrass, crashed and tied(optional)
1 Chinese Cabbage, quartered(optional)
1. in a saucepan, pour water and bring to boil.
2. Add ginger, onion, tomato and lemongrass. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add mixed seafood and red chili pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes or until seafood is tender.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add Chinese cabbage and simmer for a minute.
7. Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with celery then serve.
1. You may also used kimchi to add color and spicy flavor.
2. You may also add mushrooms and other seafood if you desired.
Powered by Facebook Comments