Filipino Style Recipe: Baked Cheesy Chicken Rice Mixed is another easy and simple yet delicious complete meal. It is mainly made up of leftover rice, chicken and veggies mixed together and cooked in margarine. Topped with Cheese then bake until cheese is melted.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
3 cups cooked or leftover rice
1 cup chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
2/3 cup broccoli florets, steamed
2/3 cup cauliflower, steamed
1/2 carrot, cut into cubes and steamed
76 grams baby corn, cut into serving pieces and steamed
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Mozarella or QuickMelt cheese for toppings
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon peppercorn
1. In a bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, sugar, peppercorns then marinate for 30 minutes. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry marinated chicken over low heat for 3 minutes or until light brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
1. In a pan, melt margarine then saute garlic until light brown.
2. Add cooked rice then toss until well coated.
3. Add chicken, veggies and Parmesan cheese then toss. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Seasoned with salt and pepper according to taste.
1. In a baking pan, lined with aluminum foil.Transfer the rice mixtures then spread evenly.
2. Top with grated Mozarella cheese then bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3. Transfer to serving plate then serve immediately.
Filipino Style Recipe: mixed fruit shake is another healthy and refreshing beverage consists of different fruits blended together with fresh milk and ice cubes. This refreshing beverage is similar to other healthy shakes and best to serve during summer season.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-8 minutes
Good for 2 glasses
2 cups mixed fruits, cut into cubes(I used watermelon, avocado, pineapple)
3 tablespoons sugar or any sweetener
1/4 cup fresh milk
1 cup ice cubes
1. In a blender, combine fruits, milk and sugar then process until blended.
2. Add ice and blend until smooth, add more sugar if needed.
3. Pour into glasses then served cold.
Filipino Style Recipe: spicy mixed seafood soup is another seafood dish that usually served by Filipinos mostly during rainy season. Another simple recipe but very healthy dish.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons.
1/2 kilo mixed seafood(fish balls, kikiam, squid, scallops, shrimps, etc)
2 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
1 onion, quartered
1 tomato, quartered
2 pieces red chili pepper, sliced diagonally
salt and pepper to taste
5 cups water
1 stalk lemongrass, crashed and tied(optional)
1 Chinese Cabbage, quartered(optional)
1. in a saucepan, pour water and bring to boil.
2. Add ginger, onion, tomato and lemongrass. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add mixed seafood and red chili pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes or until seafood is tender.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add Chinese cabbage and simmer for a minute.
7. Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with celery then serve.
1. You may also used kimchi to add color and spicy flavor.
2. You may also add mushrooms and other seafood if you desired.