Filipino Style Recipe: ginisang munggo(munggo guisado) or sauteed mung beans is another typical Filipino dish. Normally the mung beans(munggo) boiled and cooked until soft then sauteed with pork and ampalaya leaves.
Estimated time of preparation: 15-20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
1 cup mung beans(munggo)
250 grams pork belly, sliced
5 cups water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch ampalaya leaves or malunggay leaves
1 pork cube
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup pork rind(chicharon), crushed
1. Soak mung beans in water for 1-2 hours before boiling.
2. In a pot, boil water and mung beans, simmer for 30 minutes or until mung beans is cooked.
1. In a saucepan, cook pork until color turns to light brown and start to render oil.
2. Add garlic, onions and tomatoes, sauteing until it’s cooked.
3. Pour in boiled mung beans, broth and pork cube. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to boil and simmer until thick.
5. Add ampalaya leaves and pork rind. Cover and remove from heat. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments