Filipino Style Recipe: baked buttered tahong or halaan is another easy and simple seafood appetizer dish. Normally the tahong comes stir fried or boiled until shells open and discard the top cover. Top with butter, garlic and grated cheese then baked until melted.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-25 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1 kilo large tahong(mussels) or halaan(clams)
1/2 cup butter, softened
5 gloves garlic, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 thumb-sized, ginger, minced(optional)
1/2 cup chopped parsley(optional)
1/2 cup grated cheese(quick melt)(optional)
1. In a pan, place ginger and mussels with enough water. Bring to boil until the shells open.
2. Drain and remove top shell. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Top each mussel meat with mixture and grated cheese then arrange on baking tray.
3. Bake over 250 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Done.
Powered by Facebook Comments