Filipino Style Recipe: Hardinera is a special and popular dish in Lucban Quezon. It is made up of chunk pork cooked in tomato sauce, then mixed with beaten eggs together with other ingredients. Place in a glass or aluminum molds then steamed or baked until firm. This is similar to pork everlasting of Marikina and looks like meatloaf or embutido.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Estimated total time of cooking: 60 minutes
1/4 kilo pork, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
200 grams luncheon meat or sausages, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1 small size carrot, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons sweet pickled relish
1/4 cup raisins
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup pork broth
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 small red bell pepper, cut into diced(optional)
1/4 cup liver spread(optional)
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese(optional)
1/2 cup bread crumbs(optional)
1. In a casserole, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and pork for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add pork broth and tomato sauce then stir and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender and the liquid is absorb and sizzle. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a bowl, combine cooked pork and the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
1. In a glass or grease aluminum molds, put the mixture and spread evenly.
2. Cover with aluminum foil then steam or bake for at least 45 minutes or until firm.
3. Remove the molds then transfer to serving plate. Serve hot.
Powered by Facebook Comments