Filipino Style Recipe: stir fried veggies is another healthy low carbohydrate dish. Normally the veggies cooked in a blend of chicken broth, dissolved cornstarch and other seasonings.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
200 grams mushrooms, sliced
3 cups broccoli or cauliflower florets
1/2 cabbage, chopped
1 medium-sized carrots, sliced thinly
3 pieces celery stalk or bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute ginger and garlic.
2. Add mushrooms then stir fry for a minute.
3. Add soy sauce and veggies then cook 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour water, bouillon and dissolved cornstarch then simmer until thicken.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Remove from heat then serve immediately.
1. If you don’t have chicken broth, you may dissolved 1 chicken bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water.
(photo credit to Poison Cupcakes)
Powered by Facebook Comments