Filipino Style Recipe: Pork and beans is high protein dish popular the US and Mexico and also become popular in Filipino cuisine. It consists of beans boiled until tender then cooked along with pork, tomato sauce and other ingredients. This is commonly served as breakfast dish and it was amazing and delicious.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus soaking time)
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes(plus boiling time)
Good for 4 persons
1/4 kilo white beans(bitsuelas)
1/2 kilo pork, cut into small pieces
4 gloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 onion, chopped
3 pieces tomatoes, discard seeds and diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup tomato ketchup(optional)
1 liter water
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, soak beans in water overnight. Wash on running water then drain. Set aside.
2. In a pot, boil water then cook beans for an hour or until tender. Add water if necessary then set aside.
1. In another pot, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. Add pork and cook until light brown and tender.
3. Add boiled beans, tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
4. Simmer until well blended and thicken. Add water if necessary.
5. Remove from heat then serve with steamed rice.
1. You may also add some leafy vegetables like cabbage, ampalaya leaves, etc.
Powered by Facebook Comments